As a 501(c)6, Renewable Energy Vermont (REV) serves as Vermont’s clean energy trade association. We represent all those working in Vermont committed to a 100% renewable energy future in our state.
Building Our Renewable Energy Future
REV members work hard together to eliminate reliance on dirty fossil fuels by increasing renewable energy and energy efficiency to create self-reliant communities and build a clean energy economy. We are businesses, non-profits, utilities, and individuals who believe 100% total renewable energy (electric, heating and cooling, and transportation) is not only possible, but necessary.
REV is changing the conversation around energy and our economy through:
- Public education and engagement
- Networking and collaboration opportunities
- Offering and boosting training and job/internship opportunities
- Shaping energy laws and regulation
- Maintaining a comprehensive network of renewable energy innovators, businesses, and climate action thought leaders
- Business promotion
Our work focuses on:
- Transforming Vermont’s economy by creating clean energy jobs
- Creating a local sustainable energy future to enable self-reliance, energy and economic security, and climate resilient communities
- Ensuring that environmental and energy policies protect the planet now and for generations to follow
Founded in 2001, REV members have helped to lead Vermont’s renewable energy revolution — creating resilient, local economies powered by clean energy and building a 21st century workforce committed to improving the lives of their neighbors and communities.
From Standard Offer to pioneering community solar through net metering and establishing the Clean Energy Development Fund and numerous tax credits, REV is leading the way toward a truly affordable, accessible clean energy future. REV members are also committed to ensuring that renewable energy technologies, projects, and jobs become increasingly cost-competitive for communities and businesses as well as accessible and affordable for all individuals.