What is pollinator-friendly solar and how does it work?
By using the area between solar panels to grow plants friendly to pollinators a solar project can maximizing its benefits! A pollinator-friendly garden in addition to providing a valuable habitat for threatened species also reduces long-term maintenance cost, increases community support of a project, provides aesthetic value, and assists in stormwater management.
How can I learn more?
- You can learn more by visiting the UVM Extension Pollinator Friendly page for the latest research from their team.
- Pollinator Friendly Solar Webinar – NC Clean Energy Technology Center
- NREL Overview of Opportunities for Co-Location of Agriculture and Solar (PDF)
- NREL Solar Pollinators (PDF)
- Standard for Bird and Pollinator friendly Solar Sites (PDF)
- Minnesota Solar Sanctuaries for Birds, Bees, and Pollinators (Prairie Restorations, Inc.)