Renewable Energy Jobs
REV Members: Do you have a job opening that needs filling? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you on the website today!
Renewable Energy Vermont
The Communications and Marketing Intern will help maintain REV’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, assist in publishing newsletters, creating marketing materials and helping to update the website. Approximately 16 hours per week. Duties will include: Creating marketing materials as needed; Updating the website to reflect the most recent news and to update member profiles; Updating REV’s social media platforms; Monitoring comments on articles that are posted on Facebook and Twitter, commenting when necessary with fact-based responses (as directed by Executive Director); Compiling a weekly list of renewable energy and energy-efficiency related articles to be sent out to REV Members; Attending conferences and staffing the REV booth at events.
Requirements: Excellent writing and editing skills; Experience with digital platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress; Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects; Ability to think critically and creatively; Flexibility and a sense of humor
If interested, send cover letter and resume to: info@ revermont.org
The Solar O&M Technician reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide critical input and experience based leadership for renewable energy site evaluation, and technical operation and maintenance expertise.
Required Skill Set and Competencies
- Provide assistance with project development including site evaluations, measurements, and fatal flaw analyses
- Perform O&M activities and closely collaborate with Aegis O&M Coordinator to provide timely and best-practice solutions to PV system maintenance issues
- Follow material intake / inventory control and handling processes
- Assist with product / equipment vendor communications and project material procurement
- Follow established processes for project documentation naming and filing
- Perform research and analysis on solar energy technology, service and maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures and best practices
- Minimum of one year of experience as operation and maintenance solar technician
- NABCEP Certification or Associates degree or higher in a relevant field of study
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Average computer (PC) proficiency
- Average proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and email
- Good organization skills
- Experience with engineering design packages and reading schematics
- Self-motivated with proven ability to perform at a high level with limited direct oversight and management
- A desire to learn and a commitment to communicating your limitations
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Operates from an understanding and demonstration of emotional intelligence with a positive attitude even in the face of adversity
- Understanding of the importance of standard operating procedures, safety, respect, and integrity
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer communication and service
Solar Installation Lead
Building Energy is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead our solar installation team. Do you live and breathe solar, enjoy a fast-paced work environment, and thrive organizing and working with a solid group of installers? Join us on the front lines in the battle against climate change and be part of our winning team! Previous experience in residential solar installation is necessary for this position. We offer year-round, full-time work, competitive pay, and benefits. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation.
If interested, send your resume to email@example.com
DC Energy Innovations
We are currently looking for a solar installer to round out our solar crew. This job would include setting up of required worker safety systems, installation of solar mounting systems, installation of solar wiring and solar panels. There might also be times when the solar installer would need to assist our electrical division in other tasks such as burying underground conduit, installing foundations, pulling wire, etc. This is a great position for someone who has a passion for getting into the solar field as well as someone who desires an interesting workplace where each day is different. We work hard, treat each other respectfully and have some fun together.
Interested in a career at Dynapower? We’re always looking for awesome people to join our team. We’d love to hear from you!
Green Lantern Solar
Green Lantern Solar seeks an experienced, NABCEP-certified, solar electrician and operations & maintenance professional to lead our O&M division. The Director of O&M will perform advanced electrical, telecommunication, and mechanical maintenance activities for our fleet of solar arrays. The scope of work will include inspections, testing and repair of all major system and balance-of-system components. Come join a fun, high-performing, industry-leading company. For a more detailed job description and contact information please click here.
Green Mountain Power
The Power Production Worker Class 3 position is primarily responsible for developing the technical skills necessary for safely operating, repairing and maintaining hydro, wind, solar, diesel and gas turbine units and associated auxiliary systems at power production plants. Work is varied in nature and the incumbent applies basic knowledge of mechanical maintenance technologies to work performed. Incumbent works under immediate supervision and in compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
Green Mountain Solar, LLC
Master or Journeyman Electrician
Come join a rapidly growing company and industry in Vermont with a great group of down-to-earth people. We are seeking an experienced, energetic VT licensed Master or Journeyman electrician to join our team. Must be comfortable with heights and willing to work 40+ hour weeks for year-round installs. Candidate must be courteous to customers, self-motivated and work well with others. Benefits include highly competitive wages, generous health/medical insurance contributions, and paid vacations and holidays. Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring for a part-time data manager to primarily manage our CRM database and website.
The Manager of Operations and Communications will be instrumental in helping NativeEnergy grow both its corporate and individual businesses. The Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations with invoicing and accounting processes and assisting the VP Client Strategy with communications materials and campaigns. Our ideal candidate is a detail oriented, self-starter with a positive attitude and a passion for a job well done. The Manager Operations & Communications will work closely with the Director of Operations and the VP of Client Strategy. This is a full-time position.
The Project Manager for Solar Solutions is a customer-focused position that ensures the successful implementation of complex sales opportunities in the global solar industry. Current opportunities include Solar Resource Monitoring (SRM) products and services however this position will play a vital role in consulting with Sales on identifying and exploring potential growth opportunities within the solar industry. The Project Manager is responsible for collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Technical Services Production and Finance to coordinate all post-sales activity for specific customer projects. This position will oversee all major project steps including Order Acceptance (pre-sale), Execution (post-sales), Fulfillment (project documentation, training, installation), and After-action (customer follow-up) process improvement. Additionally, this position will collaborate with Sales during RFQ bidding stages to understand the components of each solar bid. This position sets clear expectations with all stakeholders regarding the SOW (scope of work) for hardware, documentation, training and installation, timeline of deliverables, and process for change orders. This position reports directly to the Technical Services Manager and will work in partnership with the Technical Services team to achieve the goals of the department that are in line with the company strategic plan. Compliance with NRG’s high standards for ethics and core values is non-negotiable.
Come join New England’s largest PV Installer as we expand our commercial solar business into multiple states. The Peck Company is a 48 year old electrical contractor that has spent the past decade focusing on the renewable energy industry. We are looking for an experienced project manager to oversee PV and commercial battery storage installations throughout Vermont.
- Coordinate and oversee the installation of multiple commercial projects.
- Candidates will be responsible for oversight of all activities related to engineering, permitting and construction to set each project up for a successful completion
- Adherence to plan set and engineering via coordination with in house and client designers
- Material Coordination and ordering
- Coordination and performance of all inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Coordination and performance of all inspections with clients
- Foster effective relationships with employees, subcontractors, and customers
- Monitor and document on site progress reports to client and management via online software
- Produce and revise master schedules including constructions and key deliverables using company tools
- Review and oversight of drawings to ensure completeness and constructability
- Safeguard client satisfaction, quality control, profitability, and problem resolution
- 3+ years of experience managing commercial solar PV projects
- Experience with analyzing site specific project strategy & development
- Effective ability to manage multiple General Foremen
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced work environment
- Auto Cad or other solar specific software a plus
- Vermont Journeyman’s license or the ability to quickly achieve this license
- NABCEP certification is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Union health insurance.
- IBEW Pension, 401k
- Company Vehicle
- Company gas card
- Company phone
- Company computer
- 2-weeks Vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- 40 hours accrued sick time
- High School Diploma
- Journeyman Electricians license
- Project Management: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 1 year (Required)
- Solar Installation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vermont Journeyman’s license (if you have an out-of-state license we will work with you to obtain your Vermont license).
- Valid drivers license
Peck Solar is looking for workers to install a Commercial Solar Ground mounted system in Windsor Vermont during the month of December with some potential clean-up work lasting into January. $15/hour
We need the following:
– Laborers Journeyman Electricians
– Construction Wiremen (CWs)
– Apprentice Electricians
– Journeyman Electricians
Peck Solar is looking for workers to install commercial and residential roof and ground-mounted solar all over the state. We are a rapidly growing company offering competitive pay, excellent International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Union health benefits and the opportunity for a long term career in Vermont’s largest solar installation company. We are hiring for the following positions:
– Laborers – no experience necessary
– Solar Array Installers (The IBEW Union position is Construction Wiremen or “CW”) – previous solar or construction experience preferred
– Apprentice Electricians – must be able to prove recorded apprenticeship hours
– Solar O&M Technicians – Previous solar experience required. Licensed Journeyman electricians and knowledge of control systems preferred.
– Journeyman Electricians – Must have or be able to obtain a valid VT Journeyman’s License.
– Master Electricians – Must have or be able to obtain a valid VT Master’s License.
– Foremen – Must have previous experience running large projects.
Must be able to work outside in all condition. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Must have your own transportation and a valid driver’s license (vehicles provided for some positions from Solar O&M Technicians to Foremen). Must have steel-toe safety shoes.
Please send a list of qualifications and/or a resume to email@example.com (a resume is not essential for this application). The people involved in hiring for these positions are frequently in the field and not main office. Email is the best way to reach them.
Power Guru is looking for motivated professionals to become part of our team. We are located in North Bennington Vermont, and cover the surrounding area including Washington and Rensselaer Counties in New York. Solar installation is a growing trade which incorporates electrical, carpentry and cutting-edge technology. Power Guru is a fast-growing solar company that recognizes talent and compensates it accordingly. Please visit our website at http://power-guru.com to learn more about us! Apply today for a great opportunity to be the next to join our team!
PV Squared is looking for an experienced Design & Sales Consultant to join our growing team. This person is responsible for managing residential project leads, establishing trusting relationships with clients, listening to client needs, evaluating sites for feasibility, preparing proposals and preliminary system design and executing contracts. The ideal candidate is a confident communicator, possesses strong technical knowledge, and has a personable and positive attitude. The capacity to learn and apply highly technical knowledge is integral to this position. This position requires a high level of independence and self-direction as well as the ability to work within a dynamic and fast-paced team setting. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Greenfield, MA.
Same Sun of Vermont
Same Sun of Vermont, a dynamic solar design and installation company is looking for installers to join our team. Some prior construction, trade or electrical experience is desired. Passion for renewable energy is a plus. Must be reliable, able to follow instructions, able to work on roofs, know how to use basic hand tools and lift 50+ pounds. Valid driver’s license and good references required. Based in Rutland, but operating statewide. Please send resume AND cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Same Sun at 141 West Street, Rutland VT 05701
State of Vermont
The Vermont Public Service Department is seeking an Energy Analyst. As an arm of the executive branch, the Department is a major driver of energy policy in Vermont, and advocates on behalf of the public in electric, efficiency, gas, and telecommunications utility matters. The Planning Division, where the Analyst will work, conducts analysis, works with stakeholders, and tracks energy sector trends, to develop and implement State energy policy.
The Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation is recruiting for a Climate Forester (Forester III). The successful candidate will work collaboratively with program leads to advance our understanding of and support a coordinated response to the impacts of climate change on forests and forest management. This position will serve as the Department’s technical expert on forest carbon dynamics and the current state of and trends in climate impacts on forests. The Climate Forester will work to advance forest and forest product related climate adaptation and mitigation strategies, provide technical assistance with landowners and forestry practitioners across the state – facilitating their engagement with the range of technical assistance opportunities, and support leadership with policy development and identifying funding opportunities.
This position requires an advanced level of understanding and experience with forest modelling techniques and the carbon cycle in forests, forestry, and climate change, and knowledge of natural resource management, and forest entomology and pathology. This position also requires skills in ArcGIS, statistics, data analysis, strategic planning, Microsoft Office, project management, meeting facilitation, community engagement, websites, databases, fiscal management, and grant writing and administration. Also required are strong organizational, interpersonal, and both written and oral communication skills, the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to work in forested environments. Candidates must be willing to travel throughout the state. The position will be housed in the Montpelier office.
SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation based out of Waterbury Center that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future – and renewable energy is where it starts. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down the barriers to clean energy and use our business for a force for good.
Vermont Electric Cooperative
Vermont Electric Cooperative (VEC), a member-owned electric distribution utility that serves over 32,000 members in Northern Vermont, is seeking Project Planner. Are you someone that likes to get things done and deliver impactful results? Are you a go getter and enjoy taking on new challenges? Are you a pro with software applications and can teach us something? As a Project Planner working directly for the CEO, you would serve in a unique, versatile role helping the organization do our work more effectively. You are deeply involved in both the day-to-day work and long-range, strategic initiatives. You have a wide range of expertise that enables you to perform multiple functions across the organization such as project coordination, communication, and administration. You will join a company full of innovators and problem solvers so you should enjoy working in a highly functioning team environment but also independently. Located in Johnson, VT.
Develop and analyze transmission system improvement scenarios to enhance transfer capability, to reduce losses, to simplify the operation and improve the reliability and power quality of the Vermont integrated transmission system as an integral part of the New England regional transmission system. Provide methods to optimize transmission service to the Vermont distribution utilities.
- Perform and document planning studies, such as load flow and stability studies, to ensure compliance with regional and national reliability standards.
- Guide others (depending on expertise) in the performance of technical analyses of the transmission system, including related studies, such as evaluating transmission economics and the relationship to the overall power delivery system.
- Communicate effectively with fellow engineers, management, other transmission utilities, system operators (ISO-NE, NYISO, etc.), members of the public and regulators.
- Work collaboratively within study teams comprised of participating utilities and other affected/interested parties, providing leadership where appropriate, to develop solutions, including non-transmission alternatives, to system deficiencies.
- Manage data organization and reporting to make valuable information available where needed in a comprehensive, coherent form.
- Be a contributing member of the VELCO technical team, as well as provide technical information and advice, to ensure group projects are performed with maximum efficiency and resource utilization.
- Carry out the above effectively with self motivation, innovation, and organization in a communicative, knowledgeable, computer-literate manner.
Vermont Electric Power Co., Inc. (“VELCO”) is looking for a trusted HR partner excited to help us realize our Vision to create a sustainable Vermont through our people, assets, relationships and operating model. We are looking for someone innately committed to fulfilling our Mission to serve as a Trusted Partner by passionately living our TRUST values (Treating each other with respect; Responding with urgency; Unconditionally supporting one another; Sharing information; and Thinking outside the box). The person we seek brings a life experience that reflects the breadth and depth of our richly diverse world while honoring Vermont’s evolving place in it. This candidate must embody VELCO’s learning orientation by possessing the capabilities to perform the job exceptionally today while exuding the will and humility to grow into greater accountabilities which VELCO will need in the future.
Vermont Electric Power Co., Inc. (“VELCO”) is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist excited to help us realize our vision to create a sustainable Vermont through our people, assets, relationships and operating model. We are looking for someone innately committed to fulfilling our Mission to serve as a Trusted Partner by passionately living our TRUST values (Treating each other with respect; Responding with urgency; Unconditionally supporting one another; Sharing information; and Thinking outside the box). The successful Accounts Payable Specialist will possess a high level of reliability, precision, and attention to detail. This position requires expertise, industry-specific knowledge, high level of organization, and self-motivation. The ability to work independently is necessary; however, VELCO’s team environment requires support and information sharing throughout the company. Teamwork is paramount.
- Respond to external vendors and internal customers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including purchase order, invoice and sales and use tax processing.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and process for approval electronically with the correct purchase order and project account codes, as well as proper application of fees, credits, discounts and sales and use tax.
- Set up and maintain Vendors including payment info.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Review Requisitions for Purchase Order generation to ensure correct coding and authorization, as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Prepare and submit annual 1099’s in compliance with regulations and requirements.
- Maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure accurate information is maintained and easily available.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Perform other duties as required to support the Accounting Department.
Director of Education for VT Energy Education Program (VEEP) and NH Energy Education Project
Our mission is to build a deep understanding of energy through education, encouraging choices that result in sustainability in our communities, economy, and environment. VEEP has provided hands-on/minds-on energy education experiences for teachers and students in grades K-12 throughout Vermont since 1979. In 2016 we started a New Hampshire Energy Education Project (NHEEP) doing similar work. Our programs use multiple learning pathways to engage students in problem-solving challenges to help them understand energy and the effects of its use on society and the environment. See details about this position: https://veep.org/about-us/join-our-team/EducationDirector
Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility
The Executive Director oversees all programs, services and organizational activities of VBSR and VBSR-REF (Research and Education Foundation). The E.D. supervises the activities of the staff, interns and volunteers; assists the board in setting policy, conducts organizational business and ensures the financial health of the organization; facilitates board development; implements needed programs and fundraising; takes a leading role in fundraising; works directly with board Executive Committee; works with committees and issue groups to develop the organizational agenda; and acts as a resource for members. The Executive Director should be an inspiring representative of VBSR to members and the public. The Executive Director reports to the VBSR and VBSR-REF boards.
Vote Solar’s mission is to repower the U.S. with clean energy by making solar power more accessible and affordable through effective policy advocacy. We are a non-profit organization with headquarters in Oakland, CA, and regional offices in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Utah, and Washington, D.C. Vote Solar is seeking to fill a key role on our campaign’s team. Based in Boston, the Northeast Director will develop and direct legislative and other public-facing campaigns in the Northeast. See all the details and apply here: https://apply.workable.com/vote-solar/j/DE000A7B23/
Let’s Go Solar
Join Renewable Energy Vermont
Renewable Energy Vermont invites individuals and businesses that share our mission to achieve 100% total renewable energy and strengthen the climate economy to join our organization.
Signup for Email Updates
© 2020 Renewable Energy Vermont