Vermont Community Wind is developing a wind farm in Vermont, primarily in the town of IRA, with some potential wind turbine sites in Poultney, Middletown Springs, Tinmouth, Clarendon, and West Rutland. Vermont will benefit from clean, renewable energy made on the wind-rich Taconic Mountain Ridges, Herrick Mountain, and Susie’s Peak fed directly into the Vermont electrical grid and used locally. Our wind farm is planned to be operational by late 2011.
Get Started Today
- Student designed Solar Garage produces energy, grows food too
- Release: Solar program receives governor’s award, extends deadline
- Legislation would give millions for rural renewable energy
- Adding an electric car cut the payback point of solar panel investment in half
- Cow power, the Vermont brand electricity