Building Our Renewable Energy Future:
Clean, Sustainable, Secure
Who We Are
REV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan trade association representing nearly 300 businesses, individuals, colleges and others committed to reducing our reliance on fossil fuels and expanding the availability of renewable sources of power in Vermont. Our membership is continually broadening, reflecting a shared perspective that renewable energy is the best solution building a clean, sustainable and secure energy future. Vermont has a history of innovative and independent leadership, and we believe our state can become a national beacon of change and renewal through renewable energy. We invite all to explore the world of renewable energy on our website, sign up for our free newsletter, and Join us as REV Members.
What We Do:
REV works across a spectrum of activities to advance and grow reliance on our own renewable energy. We strengthen Vermont renewable energy businesses by building business networks and partnerships, and providing professional development, training and support. We push for state energy policies that promote increased, affordable, and comprehensive renewable energy, and represent renewable energy at Public Service Board proceedings. We engage in outreach and education about the benefits of renewable energy, hold biannual conferences and tradeshows, publish a monthly newsletter and provide a deep online, and on-call, resource for Vermont-specific information on renewable energy. We talk to Vermonters and citizens around the New England region everyday — feel free to give us a call, write an email, or stop by our Montpelier office.
- Legislative Action
- REV Conferences
- Partnership Program
- REV Newsletter
- Technology Pages
- Incentives Information
- Member Directory
- Events Listing
- Success Stories
Since REV was founded in 2001, we’ve seen the growth of renewable energy in Vermont, and we’re happy to report that things are looking better than ever. REV has played a central role in the development of renewable energy in Vermont, from passing “Standard Offer Program” and the Renewable Energy Bill legislation, to holding the largest ongoing renewable energy conference and tradeshow in Vermont for nine years and counting. REV lobby efforts have enabled renewable energy technologies, projects, and jobs to become increasingly competitive and accessible. REV installer accreditation Partnership Program helps guide nascent businesses towards a higher bar of accountability and quality. Twice each year, REV conferences bring new ideas and hard work together, connecting industry professionals and interested citizens alike for generative discussion, networking and learning. REV works across many channels, and we hope to reach even more businesses and individuals with our new website.
Please take a look and offer us your feedback, we want to work for you!
More On REV Areas of Activity
- Strengthening Vermont Renewable Energy Businesses: Vermont needs a strong renewable energy industry to provide the equipment, expertise and leadership to transform our energy supply. REV is working within the renewable energy industry to build business networks and partnerships, and provide professional development, training and support. See: Partnership Program
- State Energy Policies: REV is the only organization dedicated solely to working toward increased renewable energy use in Vermont. REV is continually working to see that Vermont enacts policies and legislation that promote renewable energy. See: Legislation Page, Incentives Page
- PSB Proceedings: REV is working to ensure that the Vermont Public Service Board enacts public energy policy that supports local renewable energy.
- Education: REV is committed to providing renewable energy education to the schools, communities and public of Vermont. REV is raising public consciousness about the many benefits of the power of hydro, wind, bioenergy, solar and geothermal, as well as energy efficiency, in Vermont. See: Technology Pages
- REV Conferences: REV’s biannual conferences have become the flagship renewable energy events in Vermont, drawing attendees from across the state, and New England region. REV conferences offer seminars, workshops and a tradeshow that capture the latest ideas, policies and technology developments in this fast-moving industry. From business veterans to individuals seeking the basics on a particular technology, our events provide a needed platform for engagement, learning, and networking. See: REV Conferences
- REV as a Resource: REV is comprised of renewable energy and efficiency companies, institutional and academic partners and concerned citizens of Vermont and the New England region. REV member businesses are leading experts in helping homes and businesses generate their own clean power and heat. Browse our website to find the answers to your renewable energy questions, from technology basics, details of incentives to locating local installers and manufacturers. REV members are available to speak to schools and civic groups on the many benefits of renewable energy. Feel free to contact REV, or stop by our local office, we are always here to help! See: REV Newsletter ,Technology Pages , Incentives Information, Member Directory, Events Listing, Jobs/Classifieds, Success Stories